Monday, May 6, 2013

what are you waiting for?

always apathetic me, but this is a day to change.  to paraphrase some thoughts lately: it not now, then when?

I'm turning 35 this year, which means it's time to start having grown up conversations with my Dr about my family health history.  and though I consider myself a good listener, when it comes down to it I had to start *that* conversation with my mum all over again.  when I actually started to make notes I realised I didn't really understand the ins and outs of my family health history (parents and grandparents health concerns and the like).

and above all I think it's time to "man up, ladybug" and start behaving like a responsible adult - a person who is mindful with health, mindful with exercise, mindful with expenditure.  I want this to be a turning point for me  at what is (let's be realistic) is probably the halfway point of my life: a point I look back on and realise that this is the year that I got it.  the year I finally realised that NOW is the time to be healthy, NOW is the time to be fit, NOW is the time to look around at the things I have (literally and metaphorically) and be god damn grateful for every last bit of it.

none of this is profound; none of it ground breaking; nothing original.  but it's important to me, now more than ever.

what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment